FilSurf School is a licensed business and permitted surf school. We maintain the operation requirements of the Portuguese Surf Federation, Turismo de Portugal, I.P. (Portugal Tourism), The Instituto da Conservação da Natureza e da Biodiversidade, I.P. – ICNB (Institute for Nature Conservation and Biodiversity) and Capitania do Porto de Lagos (Captaincy of the Port of Lagos).
Our team of certified instructors will teach you essential fundamentals and will work with you individually on your surfing technique to ensure that you learn to surf the correct way, without creating “bad habits”. No matter your skill level, you will learn the basics of board handling, positioning, paddling, and technique on getting to your feet, surfing etiquette, ocean knowledge, and water safety.
FilSurf School is the leader in group packages! Group lessons are for groups up to eight people. Bring your friends and start your own group or meet new surfers in one of our group lessons. An experienced local guide will drive the group to the best spot depending on wind and swell conditions.
It is amazing how proper surf instruction can accelerate your learning curve, relieving most frustrations beginning surfers endure. Our personal, friendly, qualified instructors will encourage and guide your rapid progression. You will receive that special attention needed in a private surf lesson.
INCLUDED IN A GROUP/PRIVATE LESSON
- Max 8 students (Group)/ Max 3 students (Private) per session per instructor;
- Transfer to the beach and back;
- 2 surf sessions 1,5 h each including beach surf instruction (i.e. theory, stretching, getting familiar with your board, safety rules) and instruction in the water;
- Soft top board, wetsuit, leash, rash guard;
- Sport insurance;
- Small launch (sandwich, fruit, water). Please inform us in advance if you are vegetarian or vegan. Most of the beaches have a beach bar; ;
- Professional tips and the exciting trip.
LOW SEASON PRICING
HIGH SEASON PRICING
Every day at 10 am, year-round departures to the south or west coast, depending on wind and swell conditions. It can take 10 to 40 minutes drive to get to the beach.
IMPORTANT TO BRING
Come already wearing your swimsuit and bring a towel, sunglasses, and hat. We recommend sunscreen of SPF 30-50.
- The consumption of food or drink on the van is strictly forbidden. We wish to keep the vans clean for all our students.
- It is forbidden to enter the van with wet wetsuits or boots
- The students should leave their personal belongings tidily and safely within the van. Please check that you have all your personal belongings with you when you leave the van.
- Passengers must wear seatbelts.
WHEN BOOKING GROUP/PRIVATE LESSONS PLEASE CONTACT US 24 HRS PRIOR TO THE DAY OF YOUR LESSON TO ENSURE THAT GROUP/PRIVATE REQUIREMENTS ARE MET.