1. WHY FILSURF SCHOOL?
FilSurf School offers a variety of surf programs for all ages and skills levels! Currently FilSurf School is offering year round surfing lessons, private clinics, and group surf lessons. Our programs also feature kids and teen academy. Our friendly, safe, qualified instructors will teach you the correct process in learning to surf!
2. WHERE ARE YOU LOCATED?
We are located in Lagos, Algarve, Portugal.
3. WHICH AIRPLANE COMPANIES AND TO WHICH AIRPORTS IT IS BETTER TO CHOOSE TO GET TO LAGOS?
The nearest airports to Lagos are: Faro (91,5 km) and Lisbon (302 km), Portugal; Sevilha (274 km) and Heres (365 km), Spain.
From Europe you can fly with following airplane companies: Air Berlin, S7, Lufthansa, German Wings, Iberia, Click Air, RyanAir, EasyJet, JetAir, AirBaltic, AerLingus).
4. WHERE CAN I FIND CHEAP AIRPLANE TICKETS?
To find out which low-cost airplane companies are flying to Portugal, you can use www.flylowcostairlines.org website.
Use www.skyscanner.net to check prices between the cities. You can book your flight here or at the airplane companies website.
5. DO YOU HELP TO FIND OR PURCHASE THE FLIGHT TICKET?
Yes, we do. Please contact us at email@example.com and we will help you to find flight tickets and to plan your trip.
6. WHERE AND WHEN DO I MEET FOR THE SURF LESSONS?
Our staff will email you with directions and times after your booking is done. We do pickups at place where you stay.
7. HOW EARLY SHOULD I ARRIVE?
Parking, especially during high season, and finding a meeting point can be a challenge, so allow yourself at least 30 minutes before departure.
8. WHAT SHOULD I BRING TO A FILSURF SCHOOL SURF CLASS?
Come already wearing your swimsuit and bring a towel, sunglasses, hat and a sweater in case the weather changes, pocket money if desired. We recommend sunscreen of SPF 30-50 and an appropriate waterproof facial sun filter. Don’t forget a big smile with lots of energy and relaxed mind!
9. DOES FILSURF SCHOOL PROVIDE STUDENTS WITH FOOD OR SNACKS DURING THE LESSONS?
Yes, we provide healthy lunch with snacks and a drink (please inform us in advance if you are vegetarian or vegan). Most of the beaches also have a beach bar.
10. I AM A VEGETARIAN, DO YOU HAVE MEALS FOR VEGETARIANS?
Yes we do, however it is advisable that you contact our office well in advance for special arrangements.
11. WHAT SHOULD I DO IF I WEAR CONTACTS?
If you wear disposable ones you will be okay. Otherwise, you can wear an old pair and close your eyes tightly when underwater. You may also want to use swim goggles.
12. WHAT IS THE WATER TEMPERATURE LIKE?
During the summer months the water temperature in Algarve ranges between 18ºC-20ºC, during the winter months – between 14ºC-18ºC.
13. DO WE GET TO USE WETSUITS?
FilSurf School is providing wetsuits. If you have your own suit you are welcome to use it.
14. WHAT KIND OF INSTRUCTORS DO YOU HAVE?
All of our instructors are experienced professional surfers! They are fun and friendly. All of them are certified in Portuguese Surf Federation and first aid.
15. DO I GET A DISCOUNT FOR BRINGING MY OWN EQUIPMENT?
We do not give discounts for students that bring their own equipment.
16. DO YOU PROVIDE A PERSONAL SURFING INSURANCE TO YOUR STUDENTS?
FilSurf School provides individual sport insurance during the surf course. All students, the school and any school activities are covered by €50.000,00 liability insurance and a €28.000,00 medical coverage plan.
In any case we advise you to take an insurance covering all risks of your trip.
17. ARE THERE RESTROOMS OR CHANGING ROOMS NEARBY?
Some locations. Please wear bathing suit underneath your clothing for quick change.
18. HOW GOOD OF A SWIMMER DO I NEED TO BE?
You need to be able to swim with your head above water and must be able to swim to shore. Smaller kids and weak swimmers will be kept in shallow waters and our instructors are always with the students at all times!
19. WHAT KIND OF PREPARATION CAN I DO TO HELP MY SURFING?
Overnight campers can prepare your bodies at least one month prior to camp by swimming, stretching, doing push ups, rowing exercises and preparing your biceps and triceps. Yoga is an excellent compliment for people who take surfing seriously.
20. WHAT KIND OF DIET IS RECOMMENDED FOR SURFERS?
Surf is a very dynamic sport and you need lots of energy and explosion. A good balanced healthy diet is always recommended for any physical activity. Please consult your physician if in doubt.
21. ARE THERE STORES AND RESTAURANTS IN THE AREA?
Our school and overnight camps are situated within close distance of popular restaurants and clothing stores and supermarkets.
22. DO YOU HAVE GIFT CARDS?
Yes. Call us at +351 91 44 265 91 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org